Friday, July 26, 2013

The Weekly Character: Nysen Shar

Once again I provide you with a pre built character for your Pathfinder games. This time it's one of the 1st level characters for my Grayfield Manor playtest: the oread monk Nysen Shar.
I created this PC myself (one of the players didn't have enough time to build it and honestly it cost me very little effort to do)... It's a 25 point buy character. I used some of the alternate racial traits for the oread race, and the monk of the four winds archetype for the monk. This way he can have access to the super cool elemental fist power, which allows him to punch and add a quite relevant 1d6 elemental damage. Now, there has been some discussion on the ruling of this feat: it doesn't specify the attack you use it for has to be an unarmed attack. However, Improved Unarmed Strike is one of the prerequisites. I decided that it can be applied to all melee attacks (the monk is "imbuing" its weapon with elemental energy), but you can rule it otherwise.
You can find Nysen's backstory on the sheet itself: it's not too fleshed out because I like you to have some freedom when it comes to roleplay. However, his alignment is Lawful Neutral, thus we're dealing with a guy that strongly adheres to the discipline of his ancestors, but doesn't necessarily feel like he always has to help people. He's probably more focused on finding opponents to challenge.
I hope you like this Player Character format, I find it clear and aesthetically pleasant. Sadly, I don't know the name of the illustrator for the art I used, but I do know it's a Water Genasi from 4th edition (so, all copyright goes to Wizards of the Coast). If you're the owner of this art and want me to remove it from here, please tell me.



To use this pregen sheet, just print it and (if you want to use it multiple times) ask someone to laminate the paper. This way you can use a marker to mark HPs and the likes, then erase it with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment