Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Weekly Character: Who's the Halfling?

Today, we begin the first regular column here on Halfling's Den. It's called The Weekly Character, because... well, because every week I'll give you a new NpC or PC that you can draw inspiration from or use in your own Pathfinder game!
For this first issue, I present you with the Halfling himself!
That’s me! :D
Ok, to make things clear, although I’m a human, I’m only 5,42 feet tall (damn, my father should’ve kicked my derriére a couple more times when I was a kid). After ten years of gaming, I’m universally considered to be the “group’s enthusiast”. It's me who always buys the new tabletop game, or notices the new RPG, or talks about the new class archetype. I'm quite well-versed in the art of speech, and usually get what I want by persuading people (I have no evil agenda, however!). I'm also inevitably destined to be the Game Master every single time we play (not that I complain, but still... I'd love someone else to try taking the GM's scepter once in a while). Given my interest in map-making and my real-life statistics, this is... Araknophobia, The Halfling expert/bard!

Araknophobia the Halfling (CR 2)
Type of character: PC (although a special kind, not following any point-buy build)
XP 600
Male Halfling bard 2/expert 1
NG Small humanoid (halfling)
Init. +2; Senses Perception +8
------------------------------------------------
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 size)
hp 25 (3d8+8)
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. fear, +4 vs. bardic performance, sonic and language-dep. effects
------------------------------------------------
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft.
Melee Short sword (mwk) +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) or dagger +3 (1d3+1, 19-20/x2)
Ranged Dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Special attacks bardic performance 9 rounds/day (countersong, distraction, fascinate, inspire courage +1)
Bard spells known (CL 2nd, concentration +5)
1st (3/day) - Grease (DC 14), Silent Image (DC 14), Sleep (DC 14)
0 (at-will) - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Open/Close (DC 13), Read Magic
------------------------------------------------
STATISTICS
Str 12 Des 14 Cos 14 Int 14 Wis 12 Cha 16
Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats Persuasive, Skill Focus (Perform: Oratory)
Skills Acrobatics +3, Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +2, Diplomacy +10, Escape Artist +1, Fly +3, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +8, Knowledge (Local) +8, Knowledge (Nature) +8, Knowledge (Religion) +8, Perception +8, Perform (Oratory) +12, Ride -1, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +10, Swim +0
Languages Common, English, French, Halfling (switch French and English for Elven and Goblin if you're a boring person)
SQ Bardic Knowledge +1, Versatile Performance (Oratory)

Gear Studded leather, entertainer's outfit, masterwork short sword, daggers (2), good quality boots, lantern, oil (2 flasks), matches, ink (1 bottle), paper (10 sheets), inkpen.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gentlemen... let me introduce you, mr Galletto, the halfling dress up like a human


    hey.. i could be an halfling too!

    ps: why a bard? 'cause you're a good speaker? ò.ò

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn you! stop spamming! ARGH.
    However no, you can't be an halfling. You ALREADY are an halfling. LULZ
    .. and yes, I'm definitely an event organizer and party buffer.

    ReplyDelete